ArtyUP is an initiative from ShopKeepArty, aimed at helping less privileged students around the world find their creative voice through art.
How it works
1. We identify a school to ArtyUP.
2. You pay to join a live, paint-along art class webinar (this webinar will feature a renowned artist, as well students at the school you are supporting)
3. Your money will be used to supply the school with the necessary art materials, as well as an internet connection (if required)
4. Once the items have been delivered, the webinar will take place and you can paint-along with the students you are supporting, led by the professional.
5. Paintings produced can be shared online afterwards. The recording will be available to watch at no additional cost.
Art is important. Years of research show that art is closely linked to almost everything we want for our children (and a better tomorrow): academic achievement, social and emotional development, civic engagement, and equitable opportunity. Involvement in the arts is associated with gains in mathematics, reading, cognitive ability, critical thinking, and verbal skills. Art encourages self-expression and creativity and can build confidence as well as a sense of individual identity.
Unfortunately, with governmental and state priorities on STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths), there is little to no art taught in many schools around the world. We believe this is short sighted since art can connect people more deeply to the world and open them to new ways of seeing, creating the foundation to forge social bonds and community cohesion.
With a reputation for hosting paint-along webinars with leading artists around the world, ArtyUP gives you the opportunity of making creative interventions at selected schools around the world.